Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Stephen LaConte of Buzzfeed

I try to look at Google News and the BBC News at least once a day.  Recently I added Apple News but I am not promising to look at them all every day.  I try to pay attention to the names of the writers of items that impress me or assist me.  There are hundreds of good, well-trained, alert, imaginative writers all over.


One of the common complaints about the news is that it is mostly horrible, depressing, scary, ugly stuff.  I guess we have to expect that between the large number of misbehaviors somewhere and the wiring of our minds to pay attention to BIG NEGATIVES and just skip over the flowers blooming nicely, scary stuff will attract attention, sell products and draw us innocents in.


When we add to those factors, the caution we citizens of today have developed in dealing with sugary, delightful rose-petaled sweetheart words and thoughts, we put the brakes on when we are confronted with suspicious amounts of love and warmth.  We know the world is hot and bleeding so don't try to tell us anything different. Given all that, take a look at Stephen LaConte's piece on good things people have done recently.


https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephenlaconte/restore-your-faith-in-humanity-pictures-strangers-helping

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby