Wednesday, September 25, 2019

59 years

We have now been together for 59 years.  I went to an all male high school so teachers college, 80% female, was great.  I met her as a freshman but we didn't date until my junior year. I had agreed to a double date and I was looking for a new person to ask.  I saw her at the checkout desk in the library. She agreed to the date but then went back to her dorm to check up on who I actually was.


That first date was a doozie.  We ran into a yellowjacket nest.  I was concerned that the stingers were in her clothes but she insisted she didn't need help looking under her blouse.  Somewhere along the line, I kissed her and she kissed back with such enthusiasm, I got hooked. Her high level of intelligence and spirit got me, too.


We have had an excellent time together, including the many sessions of arguing and disagreements.  I have mentioned a few times my interest in my wife's ancestors: Nordic and Cuban and Spanish. I don't have any of them in my line.  https://fearfunandfiloz.blogspot.com/2009/05/translated-by-william-kirby.html


It seems quite unlikely that we will last another 59 years but whatever we get, I bet it will be good.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby