Monday, December 10, 2018

Another way to have fun

We use our Roku tv streaming device just about every single day.  Why not? It is convenient and inexpensive and brings us superior watching of movies and shows.  We have been using the device for about 4 years and the remote started misbehaving. I changed the batteries but doing that didn't help.  So, I looked on Amazon and found many alternative Roku remote replacements. As is often the case, I needed to know what model we are using.  I found that information with no trouble and placed my order online.


Of course, all sorts of confirmations and thank-you's arrived immediately.  This is, after all, the shopping season and delivery trucks and running drivers are in and out of the neighborhood all the time.  One of the emails said I would get it yesterday. A later one apologized and said, no, it would come Tuesday. A still later one said, no, it would be delivered today.  The order information said it had already been delivered and was at the front door. I went to the front door and found the package but it was empty. There was a gap in the top.  Not a rip, just a gap. Maybe the little remote fell out while the driver was walking toward the front door. I searched. The device is bright yellow with black trim. That should stand out but couldn't find it anywhere.  


Called Amazon service and told them I had the package but that it was empty.  They refunded the cost and I re-ordered. Got an email that I should have it in a couple of days.  What fun!

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby