Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Old posts


I have 3,366 posts (count 'em if you don't believe me).  I know some of them are well-written and interesting. I have a printed paper book from Blog2Print of the posts from April 7, 2010 to May 22, 2011.  I am not sure why I picked that period. I do know that the company did not have the capacity to print all my posts in a book when I looked into the matter.  I have had the printed book for several years and haven't had any use for it. I am not eager to have more like it.

I have experience in data analysis, especially numerical data.  I also have writings, partial journals and notes. I like the idea of looking back at my history and thoughts but I rarely do.

I read the posts of about half of 2009 that had interesting titles yesterday.  I have about 10 ½ years of posts so I calculate I can look through all of them during the next few weeks.  Of the posts I recently re-read, this one stands out: https://fearfunandfiloz.blogspot.com/2009/08/attack-and-reaction.html

It describes an event that happened at the college dining room dinner table about 1959.  I had no idea from the title that I would transported back to that time, those people and that surprising event.  That post not only took me back to a funny, memorable time, it reminded me of a lifetime of relations that grew with those people.

Thinking about what reading some of my old posts did to my thinking and memory, I called Doris.  We got to talk with Doris and her husband, Bruce. Decades ago, the four of us played Charades together late in the night many times, faced young parenthood together, exchanged communications back and forth over the years.  Bruce and I walked the streets of our neighborhood in the wee dark hours together, waiting for our outraged wives to cool their anger over the outlandish and complex book titles we wanted them to work out from our excellent but silent acting.  

This is where old guys say,"Those were the days."

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby