Friday, August 25, 2023

Erotic stories

Somehow, I got into Harry Golden.  I got a copy of his book For 2 Cents Plain and liked it.  I read his Only in America.  He wrote more than once that one of the best groups in the US for skilled love-making were the people from India. I think of him and his writings, having just finished "Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows", an interesting novel.  A young Indian woman, in the Southall area of London, takes an interest in teaching literacy classes.   She enrolls some Punjabi widows who want to improve their reading and writing of English.  The heroine explains that to improve, they need to express themselves.  She says that is easier if they write about something they feel strongly about.  They do.   They write about love-making.  Pretty soon, more and more women start attending the class.  But in a religiously conservative community, they can be in real danger if word gets out that they are putting their minds to that subject.


The book really captured me. After a while, a person can have a very diminished appetite for erotic stories but I thought the plot was very well put together.  Some people I have mentioned the story to acted offended or put off about anything having to do with sex.  I imagine my friends know that each and every one of us owe our life to parental sexual activity.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby