Friday, August 4, 2023

The movie Barbie

As you can guess from my voice, my build, my name and my dress, I am a male.  That means I have a natural basic attraction to females.  Even at my age, when a waitress places a plate of food on a table, the color and texture of the skin on her arm look inviting.  If I didn't have mature restraint, I might lick her arm or kiss her skin.  I sometimes get attracted to a nice set of teeth.  I have wondered how a young lady would react if I asked for permission to suck her teeth for just a short while. I don't like to shortchange attention to older women and old women but I try to behave in an acceptable and respectful way.


In addition to basic hormonal drives, I am interested in the lives of women and men given their basic and cultural and social differences. So, when I heard about the hit movie Barbie, I wanted to see it.  Lynn did too.  We haven't gone to a movie theater since we went to see "Mr. Rogers".  We tried on Monday but the theater is closed that day of the week.  We tried on Tuesday, the day of special low prices, but even getting there a bit before the late showing, they were sold out of seats.  We saw the movie last night.  


It is a young person's movie.  If you are in your teens or twenties, you may be living the time of life that Barbie is living.  Dating, finding a mate, getting married and having children is a very important sequence of events in life, in some ways, the most important.  Sometimes it is said that breathing and eating and other living operations and reproducing are the most fundamental things humans can do.  To me, it is amazing and exciting that each and every human has a mother and a father.  Not everyone creates new humans but the majority do.  There may be no time in life when most people have more energy and pep and excitement than during the late teens and years just after.


I thought the script was witty, the actors are, of course, gorgeous and the costumes are also gorgeous.  The worries and agonies of girls and of guys are well acted.  I recommend seeing Barbie.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby