Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Downsizing

My sister and her husband moved into senior housing.  Naturally, the idea of downsizing in various ways came up.  I just asked her what she wants for her birthday, a main day in my year.  Has been since I was four or five years old. She responded that I should just send her good wishes for another good year.  See what people do as they climb up in age?  They have what they want and often more than they want.  They don't need or want much more.  


I love the little squirt and I may not go along with sending only good wishes. I am confident she and her husband would not like a puppy or a kitty, or a parrot or even a goldfish.  I am a bookish sort of guy but I don't think I know of a book she would like but doesn't have.  It seems to me that older people have read enough heart-rending stories to satisfy interest in romance or crime solving.


It may be that sending only good wishes would lower my general esteem level but I still may go along with what she said.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby