Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Day Day

My friend read the "Days of Our Lives" post from yesterday and suggested we have "Day Day".  It is a day to celebrate that we are still breathing and we are still able to feed ourselves.  With serious tremors, we may not be able to feed ourselves, but when and where we can, let us be grateful.  Raising a hand to eye level and open and closing it several times seems a short, quick way to note our appreciation for our bodies, including our breath and vision and hearing. Some people have a strong reason to be grateful for their ability to balance themselves upright.  Others have reason to add to "feeding myself", appreciation for the ability to swallow.


My greatgranddaughter, Libby, likes the word "plethora"

(excess, abundance, overabundance, superfluity, surfeit, profusion, more than enough, too many, too much, enough and to spare, superabundance, surplus, glut, flood, torrent, deluge, embarrassment).  It is not a word I expect to hear from a 10 year old, but it is true that we have a plethora of reasons to enjoy and be grateful for our existence.


Some people seem to shy away from too much generalized gratitude and appreciation.  I am pretty sure that I still have more skills, warm memories, sensitivities and goals than I can count or be aware of.  I suppose I might have more faults, prejudices, fears and poorly-thought out positions than I can count off, too. I do seem to be in the position of a person with more money than he can keep track of.  But many of my blessings and much of my wealth cannot be created in business nor brought back by physicians.


Now that it is Day Day, just be glad.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby