Tuesday, January 1, 2019

A whole new year

Sure, every minute of our lives is a new minute, unique, never been before and never to be again, just as it is.  Still, you may realize that the big Times Square ball fell last night and there is now a new number for the year of our calendar that we are in.  Personally, I am not one for a big new resolve to eat better or read more or meditate more. Still, it is a good time to take that French class or start a record of how much you walk or swim.  I do think that lists are helpful. I like a computer record, one that is easy to access and is easy to duplicate so I tend to go right to my Google drive, available from any computer, tablet or smartphone and start typing.  Sometimes, a pencil and the back of a scrap envelope is actually more helpful. But just for a minute or so, what do you want to aim for? You aren't a bad person if you decide you want to save up for a trip to South America but then don't.  Whatever you decide today might not be a good choice later. Still, I hope you spend a little time dreaming, planning and jotting.


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby