Saturday, June 16, 2018

My obituaries

A friend advised composing my obituary beforehand and leaving it in a convenient place.  As with any piece of writing, it probably pays to think of one's audience.


For a history book or a genealogical inquiry,

Born:____________

Died:____________


For family and close friends:

Please forgive my insensitivities, my flare-ups and the boring parts.  Remember the laughs, the loves and some of the better lines. See you later.


For rivals and enemies:

Sorry I couldn't be more of a pain.  Your cleverness and tenacity gave me so many pauses, I didn't take time to reveal my true superiority but you are the better for what you got of me.  


For the world:

It's a good planet and we are lucky to have it.  Hope it lasts for a long time. Have fun and perspective.



Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby