Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Limitations of MY present moment

I always have the present.  I wonder what I should do with it?  


Maybe I will plant some beans.  When they are ripe, I may sell them.  I will put the money in the bank and save for my retirement.  Admittedly, I am not actually planting beans just now. But, damn!  I can't do everything at once. Sure, it is a gorgeous day. And yes, I have some mesmerizing recordings I could listen to.  I could be listening to them right now. But those beans are not going to plant themselves.


She says to try to see what is right in front of me.  Right in front of me is a keyboard and a monitor. To the left is a pile of dishes that need washing.  I don't see the value in directionism. I take a look at what is behind me. What is that right behind me?  A dust cloth and a dusty desktop. Ooo! My Kindle! Maybe a good use of the next few moments would be reading.  


I could continue to fester and stew, but I think I will haul my tired, old carcass outside and plant those beans.  Sometimes, it feels much easier to just dive into something instead of weighing alternatives and seeking the optimal choice.



Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby