Saturday, June 2, 2018

Pediatric zombology

My friends showed some interest in pediatric zombology, the hot subject of what the 2nd graders think about zombies.  When talking about what the children are currently reading on their own, that is reading they choose and continue voluntarily, one said that he was reading about zombies.  I asked "What is a zombie?" and was told that "it is a person who wants to eat your brain." I said that I was frightened about somebody wanting to eat my brain and was told not to allow myself fright over the subject because "they aren't real".


After retirement, my mother started a kindergarten.  I didn't live close to her at the time and I was fully employed so I didn't get involved in the operation. But I admire her choice of work since it is amazing to me to experience the lift, maybe even a rejuvenation, from simply seeing children at work or at play.  I continue to suspect that in addition to robotics and genetics, more complete understanding of human brain and body development will come to open new insights into who each of us is, why we think and move as we do and how we got this way.


I realize there are many books and movies to expand my knowledge of zombies and their characteristics and goals.  I do have to focus on what interests me and I may not proceed to develop my knowledge of zombies or of the ideas about zombies that children learn or develop on their own.  My meager knowledge of zombies mostly concentrated on the subject of their stage of life/death.


In case you are interested, here is a link to a Google search "What is the study of zombies called?"

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+the+study+of+zombies+called&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab


The relatively undeveloped subject of "pediatric zombology" is not the study of zombies who are children but is instead the subject of what today's children know about zombies.  Here is a link to that subject:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pediatric+zombology&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby