Friday, December 1, 2017

Brie, lasagna, and nut loaf

Lynn made some very tasty nut loaf.  Last night she made lasagna. Both dishes make more than we eat in a single meal.  I like to put remaining servings for two on a paper plate and put that whole thing in a zip bag and put it in our freezer.  That way, we can remove the paper plate and give it five minutes in the microwave and a main dish is ready to eat.  


If just one of us is home for a meal, it works easily to put one of the servings on a china plate and microwave it, whether or not it has been thawed earlier. I found a test online to see if our microwave of nearly ten years has lost much of its power.  It is a Panasonic and rated 1300 watts but the test says it is currently only producing 1200 watts. I used this test:

http://www.microtechfactoryservice.com/output.html


I don't trust plastics although I am not an expert nor a scientist and I have no data.  About half of the frozen foods in the store seem to be in steamer bags, supposedly ready to put right in a microwave and zap to edible form. Similarly, I like to put a piece of brie or the Dubliner cheese we like on a paper plate and insert that into a zip bag.  I can open the bag, extract the plate, have a cut or two and put it all back with a minimum of trouble. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby