Thursday, April 30, 2009

New month and invitation to Ning coming

O.K, a new month.  In the blog http://fearfunandfiloz.blogspot.com/ I have been using as a repository for these daily comments, there are 33 posts for April 2009.  I tried to post once a day but a couple of times, I did more or got mixed up.  Lynn feared that I had written about the same thing twice but I guess I didn’t do that, yet.
 
During April I heard from some of you I have rarely gotten emails from.  I like hearing from you whether you merely encourage me to keep writing or you have a comment, question or criticism.  I would appreciate your replying about any comment, book, practice or link from my posts you used during the past month, especially if you do it from memory instead of looking at the list.
 
The posts are more interesting if people throw in comments, reactions, criticisms or whatever once in a while instead of it being only me.  Up to now, you could only reply to me alone or post on the blog.  If you posted on the blog, your comments were there but a bit hidden, which is not the best format.  My friend, Prof. Slick, told me about Ning which might allow a blog sort of post with comments to be right where they can be easily read.  So, I am starting a “ning” called “Mellows”, which you are invited to join.  I haven’t actually used it from this end before so I am not sure how it will work out.  I have seen a ning used by a large group of English teachers and it seemed pretty good.  We’ll see.
 
In a few minutes, I will complete the web forms and send you an email through this Ning deal inviting you to join my little network called Mellows.  If you are up to an experiment, give it a shot.  If not, let me know you opt out so I can continue to send posts by regular email.  I am just doing this for the fun of it and the writing, which I like.  It has been fun and quite energizing to write daily.  I plan to keep on.
 
Bill
 
 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby