Monday, September 2, 2024

Not rechargeable

My charge is running down slowly.  I don't think I can be re-charged.  When it runs sufficiently low, I will die.  That is, of course, if I don't get shot or hit by a bus before that.  It was a big help to me when I read that Warren Buffet said that at his age of 94, he is "playing extra innings".  I let that comment season in my head beside my feeling that it is ok to die and that using some fear of death to threaten me is a weaker and weaker strategy against me. My wife says she doesn't want my charge to run out and I like her.  I want to do what she wants me to, if possible.


But I definitely like that feeling that I have done it!  I have performed ok through the whole play.  Yea for me!

(I just read this to her and she assured me that it is ok for me to die and that I need not hang on just for her.)

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby