Monday, September 30, 2024

Haka dance

My friends have told me to watch more tv.   They mean news, sports and weather.  I get news online, I find sports repetitive and I get more from weather apps on my Ipads.  


I know enough to satisfy me watching CNN 5 Things, Google news and NPR news.  This morning I was interested that one item in 5 Things stated that the "world record" for haka was reclaimed recently in its origin land of New Zealand: 6500 people participated.  

6,500

That's around how many people participated in the largest mass Haka on Sunday, as New Zealand reclaimed the world record for the most participants to perform the traditional Māori routine. The attendance beat record holder France's 4,028 in 2014.


You can see a New Zealand team, the "All Black", perform their traditional attempt to intimidate opponents and enemies by searching Google for "haka".  


Here is a link to some previous blog posts about the Maori people of New Zealand and some information about them and their haka dance.

https://fearfunandfiloz.blogspot.com/search?q=Haka

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby