Friday, September 13, 2024

Just drink it, hot or cold or inbetween

It was about age 5 or 6 or so that I first paid attention to coffee.  I had had iced tea many times and I felt it had no effect on me.  Coffee seemed more of a grown-up drink and I wasn't a grown up until I had a family.  Ever since, I have had coffee regularly.  I drink a cup at breakfast and after lunch, with an additional cup of Starbucks instant on Wednesday and Sunday morning.  No special reason for those days or that coffee.  I suspected that Starbucks instant had a little more caffeine than my drip coffee and I like it.  


I have usually heated up the 2nd cup from the brewing when lunch was finished but I often let the cup sit long enough that it is room temperature when I get around to drinking.  I have gotten to the point of merely drinking a cup after lunch without bothering to heat it. I am drinking it that way anyhow so why not?


We listened to Michael Pollan's "How Coffee Created the Modern World", which seems to be an Audible recording only and not in print or ebook format.  I have read other sources about the transitions from farming and its timing to other occupations and coffee seemed important in that.  I just read recently that the Union army was careful and regular about having coffee available to its troops. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby