Wednesday, December 21, 2022

My other stash

My daily (nearly so) blog, "Fear, Fun and Filoz", was my 2nd shot at blogging. It was started after I retired and after I withdrew from teaching for an online school.  That was in April, 2008.  In September of that same year, I started a web site.  I think roughly that a blog is good for reporting recent events and thoughts and my web sites are more like long-range records.  


Both the blog and the websites are hosted by Google using its software and rules.  I read a couple of years ago that there were at the time, 600 million blogs on the internet and there are probably more now.  As of 2018, there were 1.6 billion websites.  I don't have any figures for blogs or web sites that are just information, writing, "content" but I am confident that most are for advertising a business.  My web site goes by the name "Kirbyvariety1".  When Google decided to change its rules and procedures, I was told a new format would be imposed.  It was and my website activity since then has involved "Kirbyvariety2".  


I am just writing to remind anyone interested that on the web page for the latest "Fear, Fun and Filoz" post, at the top in red is a short link t.ly/fRG5

The link goes to a cover page that gives the history of my web site development.  These shorter links are provided by Foxfire, my default browser, the software for using the Worldwide Web and for visiting websites.


My dissertation is available for download on a page in Kirbyvariety1.  Lynn's masters project, "The reasons for Stevens Point" is available in Kirbyvariety2.  Both sites and my blog archive, available on the left side of the basic blog page, can lead to many book suggestions, lists and citations.  


Kirbyvariety1 t.ly/4Rrz

Kirbyvariety2 t.ly/8jcC

My basic blog landing page  t.ly/-qW5

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby