Sunday, December 4, 2022

What do I want to write about?

Sunday offers several possibilities for me to observe my life and actions, tastes and impulses.  I usually call a friend on Sunday mornings and she offers unusual ideas that can lead to possible blog posts.  I cook breakfast of oatmeal with fruits, which is a favorite of Lynn's.  She writes a newsletter about events and issues of the past week.  We get comics in color in the Sunday paper and they often provoke "me-too" feelings.  CNN's Five Things comes later on Sundays and it includes a link to the Photos of the Week.


That is just a few of the stimuli that can knock me on the head and get me thinking.  The news furnishes material for thoughts and laughs, such as a call for dropping the US constitution and re-installing a past president.  


Yesterday, when I read my post to Lynn, she said after I read it aloud, "Back to basics, huh?"  I do suspect that it helps to notice what comes to mind.  I guess it is similar to having an "earworm", a tune that keeps coming to mind.  I am not at all confident that what floats into my mind is somehow more personal or more meaningful to me than what I read in some book of interest.  I do think that Chade-Meng Tan's advice to use and respect the power of a single, full breath.  Such a mini-return to me and my world, if nothing else, can launch an introspective self-exam.  With a little questioning, I can often sift through recent thoughts and impulses to find something that feels reasonably close to my heart at this time.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby