Friday, December 9, 2022

Adventures of Dr. LSRK

I feel as though I know Dr. LSRK pretty well.  I have lived with the Doctor for more than 60 years.  She gets around and does things.  Her brother developed dementia and she wanted to go see him.  She did.  In three flights, she was there after one day of travel.  


She was invited to stay with her ex-sister-in-law, who said she would be hurt if Dr. LSRK didn't stay with her.  The Dr. approached traveling over 1400 miles cautiously in the time of quarantine and delays and such.  However, the trip went rather smoothly according to all reports.  Then, suddenly her hostess experienced deep severe pain.  She immediately suspected some trouble with her gallbladder. Her guest drove her to the hospital and they did some probing and some tests and confirmed the suspicion.  It might be best if she had surgery right away. 


The last I heard was that the hostess might or might not have surgery soon but she insisted that Dr. LSRK return home as planned.  I am used to having the doctor close by and I am somewhat disoriented without her presence.  I am not the cook she is.  I have been batching all right but I began to picture seeing her some time in the summer.  As of now, I expect to have her back tomorrow night.  Definitely hope so. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby