Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Sketching

I have an iPad Mini but no smartphone.  I don't make many calls and the very inexpensive Tracfone serves my needs.  But the iPad Mini is definitely handy. I can zip off an Gmail message or a text message thru Google Voice easily and quickly.  I have about three pages of apps plus a few more. The apps sometimes need updating. This morning while entering the App Store for updates, I took a look at the apps listed under New Apps We Love.  One is the Takasui Sketches School.


It had a high rating and looked interesting so I added it to my iPad.  Several authors on mindfulness point to closer observation of what happens, of what I see, of what goes on around me, as a way of increasing my awareness of life, interesting events and people and things to notice.  I often wonder if more sketching of things would make me a better or perhaps more multifaceted observer.


The apps saves my drawings but I can trash them if I want.  I put today's drawing on a web page beside three photos. Can you tell what I drew?

https://sites.google.com/site/kirbyvariety/drawings


I admire the drawings made for the Good News Bible by the Swiss artist Annie Vallotton.  Simple line drawings with no shading or lighting effects but they show what can be done when drawing with knowledge and skill

https://www.google.com/search?q=illustrator+of+good+news+bible&newwindow=1&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS758US758&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiO3_LuutHaAhUG7YMKHU3BCrEQ_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=599



Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby