Thursday, April 19, 2018

computer mouse wheel

https://www.google.com/search?q=computer+mouse+wheel&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwio0dbl48TaAhXDxYMKHSC7B8AQ_AUICigB&biw=1067&bih=459


In some of your faster circles, I am known as a snail.  I used my first computer mouse on an Apple IIe in 1984. I am just now getting to be an user and an enthusiastic one, too, of the wheel in the middle of my computer mouse.  I knew for quite a while that it is a scrolling wheel and I knew that I spent plenty of computer moments scrolling. I also knew that I often had trouble finding a scroll bar, using it to gently move the view slightly down and not jumping more than I wanted to.  I know that the icon of a gear usually stands for access to the settings these days and I knew there is a section of the settings for modifying the behavior of the mouse.


But it has only been about the last week that I have put bits of that knowledge together and seen that I can have an easier time cruising the web and getting things done if I use the ever-present mouse wheel to scroll down and back up, when I need to.  I often think that much of the world and this country especially could have a better time in life if we all took things a bit slower. Still, 34 years to learn to use a feature that has been right in my hand for several hours of every day of those years might be a little too slow.


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby