Friday, February 9, 2018

Still, I am cautious about age-istic thinking

I suppose each generation can invent new ways to be better and also to be worse than other recent generations.  So, despite my sincere enjoyment of and admiration for yesterday's Millennial Job Interview, I realize that many young people today are very competent.  They may also be faster thinkers and learners than I am.  I like the story line of Millennial Job Interview very much and think the young actress, Melissa Tucker, does a wonderful job.  But some young people anywhere have energy, spirit and ambition and I fully expect to see that all over.

It is easy to find historical documents verifying that older people all through the last two millennia have lamented shortcomings of later generations and expressed confidence that the young will not be able to match, much less surpass, their cohort's achievements.  It may be part of the aging process to fear for a future that doesn't contain themselves.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby