Saturday, February 3, 2018

Blind date with a book

Our local library loans jigsaw puzzles in an informal puzzle exchange.  If you want to borrow one, take it, or several.  If you have a puzzle you have finished with and are interested in donating, place it on the shelves of the puzzle case.  Lynn does puzzles while she listens to me read aloud. She went to the exchange and discovered "Blind Date with a Book".


The books are wrapped in opaque brown paper with a single bright colored band around the package.  The band includes a single explanatory, descriptive phrase such as "Languid language will pull you in" but you can't see the title, author or cover.  This is the Blind Date with a Book.  I think it is a terrific idea and when she told me about it, I went right over.  My choice said something like "laugh out loud".  


I do plenty of laughing during a day and I like it.  I didn't unwrap the book until I got it home.  It is "Attachments" and seems to be about an office romance involving email and attachments to messages as well as feelings of attachment and attraction.  It is written by Rainbow Rowell.


Lynn got the languid language book, entitled "The Weight of Feathers" by Anne-Marie McLemore.  We'll see how things turn out.



Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby