Saturday, November 27, 2021

It doesn't take long

Ever since I was a 4th grader, I have been interested in photography. A few months ago, CNN's weekday news report called "Five Things" supplied a link to professional news photos of recent events.  Since then, I have enjoyed looking at "The Week in 40 Photos".

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=The+Week+in+40+photos&ia=web


I haven't found a good date-ordered list of the CNN collections and it looks like the same or similar title is being used by other organizations for their collection of photos.  


I imagine a prize-winning photo can make a big difference for a photographer. This shot is from the CNN collection of August 6, 2021. It can take a while to see what this shows.  This picture was taken by photographer Jewel Samad.  Runner #8 won by .01 second.


We know what a difference the photo of an officer kneeling on the neck of a man in handcuffs has made and continues to make.  Quick snapping of a scene or slow careful arrangement, with or without light adjustment  and other photo editing tools, can make an enormous difference.  


I have lived for just about 30,000 days and I am sure that every one of them contained beautiful moments, surprising moments, tender and tearful moments, some wonderful and some yucky.  

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby