Sunday, November 7, 2021

Blessings

I just read this morning that an older human brain processes more slowly as it ages.  That's me, all right. I know the name of Abraham Lincoln's wife but what the heck is it?  Because I don't pay attention and once in a while I actually can't pay attention, I get the feeling that there is more beauty and good fortune in my life than I realize.  So, I tried sitting quietly and listing some good things in my life.  The philosophy guys were pondering "blessing", and "what is a blessing?" and "when you bless me, what are you doing?"  That discussion gave me a boost to get into making a list of blessings I have and am aware of.  


I am confident that a team of analysts could identify blessings I am experiencing that I don't know about.  My list did not include no earthquakes or many other problems that people have to deal with.  I wrote

  1. No pain

  2. Friends

  3. Family

  4. Good internet connection

  5. That I am able to list blessings

  6. Enough food

  7. Good tasting and nutritious food

  8. Enough money

  9. Good car

  10. Many books

  11. Tea, coffee, alcohol


This morning, the sun was shining and leaves were beautifully allocated by wind and chance across our backyard.  I realized that another blessing that I sometimes think of is digital photography.  When I was a kid, I had a darkroom with all the equipment, chemicals and processes that photography used to call for to get a picture.  Now, I can snap a picture in color and send it out and post it on my blog web page, quickly and more or less at will.

Which one is prettiest?

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby