Sunday, November 14, 2021

Bad mood waning

I'm in a bad mood but good stuff keeps happening to spoil it.  The bad mood stems from back pain that was created in some mysterious not-understood way.  This sort of thing has happened many times before.  The best medicine has been a heating pad but a tennis ball between my back and the wall, with me scooching up and down and Lynn's oddly bent massage cane help, too.  I've spent the whole morning in a recliner with the pad but I haven't eliminated the bother yet.  It is often a matter of time, an unknown amount of time.  It is a good time for me to observe my habitual impatience.


This morning, I received CNN's report "Five Things" and the first item was about a library that lends people instead of books. It told of a transgender woman and a conservative Christian woman meeting at the Christian's request.  She was cautious and guarded at first but reported that the meeting was extremely valuable and fun.  That and yesterday's celebration of my birthday with my family had already pushed me toward celebrating my blessings and good fortune.  The family of four branches usually sings "Happy Birthday" and then the celebrant blows out candles.  Lynn had just a single candle for me, to, you know, cut down on air pollution and all.  I did manage to blow it completely out with one puff.


During the night, we had our first snowfall, considerably later in the season than usual:

 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby