Monday, February 11, 2019

Where is the sun?


Don't be fooled.  It is getting to be time, just as Prof. Jerry Apps advises, to get out the seed catalogs and make garden plans, if that is your thing.  It's true that we are in the middle of winter and that just last week, we had some pretty seriously cold temperatures around here. But the birds and plants know that it is time for many things to begin stirring.  


It was about this time last year that I posted a series of pictures of our Amaryllis in various stages of growth.  The plant is back at it again and has been for several weeks. Lynn feels that it grew to be too long last year and was hoping it would do better but it is quite long and insistent.


It knows what it is doing better than I do but I thought I might help it when it was quite cold by keeping the blind down.  It just seems to ignore my efforts and do what it wants to do.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby