Sunday, October 29, 2017

Here is my card

Whether it is the name of my blog (Fear, Fun and Filoz), my website (Kirbyvariety), the name on my "business card", or my various names including Grandad, names are a big part of identity.  The name on a car license plate can be substituted for the usual mix of scrambled letters and numbers.  If I were selling salt, I might make them all say "Snake Salt" or whatever name I use to sell my salt.


By the way, it can be fun, in a nerdy way, to think of brand names or other "handles" and test them out in Google.  For a fuller test, put them into Bing and Duckduckgo, too.  For my example, I tried for alliteration and began with "Stellar Salt" but that was already in use in multiple places. I tried "Shack Salt" and that seemed better but I figured "Snake Salt" would not be used to attract customers.  Once I move into "snake" products, looks like I can be some snake repellent powder called that.  It is very difficult to find words not already in use somewhere.


I like to carry a few business cards in my wallet.  I can give one to a person who is interested in my blog.  The card shows the web address of the main blog page and an email address I use frequently.  I purposely left the back blank to offer a good space for a note or two.


I have ordered business cards from Vistaprint several times and been quite satisfied with the results.  I think it is fun to consider different card arrangements and designs.  Vistaprint tries to offer many designs and arrangements.  It is surprising to exit their site because they have lined up many additional products you might want with the card design you have just created on them: mugs, t-shirts, mouse pads, note pads, pens, caps, sweatshirts, magnetic signs for your car, banners to string across your entryway.  They have products!

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby