Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Dear Sir, You have won the XYZ lottery

I get two or three emails a day informing me that I have won the lottery in one state or country or another.  I realize I am letting lots of cash go to waste by not clicking on the links provided but the truth is, I don't really need the money.  Ok,I am also reluctant to have my computer locked up by vandals who require me to give them a credit card number or a debit card number or to wire them money. 


It may show a down side to me, one that you don't like to see, but I even suspect that, were such troublemakers to steal my access and were I to send them what they demand, I suspect that they might still fade off into the night without freeing my machine and data.


These vandals, these crooks, are said to be happy to use my credit and other credentials for nefarious (wicked, evil, sinful, iniquitous, egregious, heinous, atrocious, vile, foul, abominable, odious, depraved, monstrous, fiendish, diabolical, unspeakable, despicable) purposes while they simply leave my computer in an injured or useless state.  But the joke will be on them.  I am not wealthy and as soon as they try to purchase their own private jet and pilot with my cards, WHAM!  All the windows in the bank are going to slam closed.  All the guards are going to draw their guns and the proceedings will turn sour.


The question does arise, though: What about winning the lottery?  Truth is, I don't need a lot of extra money.  We have discovered a bag of beans is very inexpensive.  It turns out that the less we need, the freer we are.  We will actually benefit from tight money constraints.  We can save a little each month until we can afford a gallon of milk and a dozen eggs.  I am constantly hearing how healthy a vegetarian diet is, so restrictions that force us to limit our animal foods intake are to our benefit.  Not only that, we are steadily aging and one feature of aging is less need for calories.  We have already reached the state where our waistlines are expanding annoyingly.  Our appetites are falling and a few beans, a slice of bread and a stick of celery is more than enough.  Not that I actually welcome computer misbehavior.  I continue to be on the alert for wonderful but mendacious news.  But it is difficult to squeeze blood from a turnip and we turnips are tough customers. So, watch it!




--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety

Twitter: @olderkirby

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby