Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Why I won't marry Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock

I don’t know how Dr. John Watson does it.  He is an educated man and an experienced military physician.  Martin Freeman plays the coolheaded doctor who seems to be far more tolerant than I could manage.  I keep reminding myself that Sherlock is going to be able to put the whole thing together and bring baddies to justice but I can feel my temper rising as he treats Watson discourteously for no reason.  I understand the poor pig was born that way and cannot see the insults and literally inhuman treatment he gives his only friend. 


Somewhat like my feeling for Hyacinth Bucket’s husband, I feel that Watson should hire me to counsel him on when to withdraw from relations with Sherlock.  Watching the show (only very occasionally), I think of travels in a foreign culture, one of those where glancing to the left while donning a jacket is a deadly insult worth your life.  I think of ape culture or dolphin culture where I would inadvertently give a signal that I want to fight to the death when I meant to signal I want fLight from death.  Supposedly, poor ol’ Sher just can’t help himself.  He is like an illiterate in the library but give a little time, I might poison his drink.  Or mine.





--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby