Saturday, July 24, 2010

Well-written Onions

I follow more than 20 blogs on my own blog site.  One of these is The Onion, a satirical newspaper.  I often get a chuckle from their articles.  Two have recently caught my attention.

The first is a notice that God has been making noises that He might retire soon.  I know it is hard to believe but take a look for yourself.  Seems as though he has been in total charge for a long time and is getting a little tired.

The other article from The Onion is this honest and evidently heart-felt statement by Kurt Barnhurst entitled

We Will Never Be United As A Nation As Long As There Are Other People Besides Myself


Kurt, like many other sharp-eyed and thoughtful commentators, offers some clear steps to lowering the bickering level in this country that so many are tired of. 

It is a rainy day and I am not in the mood for it.  I know I should be grateful for the moisture and the cool.  Right now, it is 64° here at noon and that is fantastically cool compared to many parts of the earth.  Still, every now and then, the right silly comment hits the spot and The Onion is often the place to find a good one.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby