Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Marriage anniversaries

According to results I found in Duckduckgo, the US divorce rate dropped from 3.6 per 1000 to 2.4 from 2010 to 2020. I'm a fan of marriage, having been married for more than ¾ of my life.  I am pretty old and all that time, I have been married to the same woman.  As you might guess, that woman has been married to me for the same amount of time!


Your kids or grandkids may ask from time to time about a long marriage.  How did it start?  How has it lasted?  Is it a good thing to enter?


I had an unexamined but deep feeling that adulthood began with parenting.  I couldn't wait.  I found out that being a parent without being married was frowned on and I was eager to be a parent without frowns.  


I recommend paying attention to each anniversary and being thankful for a good partner.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby