Thursday, August 29, 2024

Library, streaming and MrBeast

Today, I learned about "MrBeast", reported in Numlock News to be the most popular presence on YouTube, with 3 million followers.  MrBeast is 26 years old.  I usually stay away from YouTube, which I have read is the most popular item on the internet.  I read that MrBeast wants to switch his available material to a streaming service.  


Most of the time that I was growing up, I made use of the Baltimore Enoch Pratt public libraries.  When I go into that sort of library, I get the same impression as I get from this picture of the Long Room at Trinity College in Dublin: 

An impression of endless choices, not consumable in a lifetime, riches beyond imaging.  That is also what one gets with modern tv streaming: everything there just waiting to be viewed.  I can see why MrBeast wants to stream.  Make 2 or 3 tapes a day and put them on streaming, where they can be viewed repeatedly and simultaneously have more days when there is no need to be at the studio and be viewed.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby