Saturday, October 17, 2015

Business and repeat business

Two special moments - finding an author that is a pleasure and (2) finding a second or more books by that author.  I found "Superior Justice" by Tom Hilpert and liked it.  I read the book about the time of the news about young black men being killed by police.  Hilpert's book made clear that police can plant evidence, destroy evidence, bribe prisoners to say you confessed to them and lie about what they have heard you say.  The book was well-written.

 

This morning, I got to the culmination of my second Hilpert book, "Superior Storm".  I didn't think I would be interested in reading several chapters depicting a bad storm on Lake Superior but I was.  Again, the book was well-written, the main character, a Lutheran pastor, is persuasively pictured as an active man with a full complement of brains and muscles and a professional approach to helping people understand themselves and their lives.

 

It is a pleasure to find a new author who writes what I like and it is a second pleasure to find further books by that same person that are available.  

 

The L.I.F.E. group had a session today in which those attending suggested additions to my page of characters who have managed to be in two or more books.  The additions are on the second section of this page: https://sites.google.com/site/kirbyvariety/characters-that-i-have-revisited?pli=1



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety

Twitter: @olderkirby

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby