Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Half and half and my weight

I like coffee and I have been drinking it for breakfast and lunch for decades. It tastes good and it smells good.  But for the past few months, I have been adding half and half, cream and milk to it. Too much and I can hardly taste the coffee.  But the right portion and it is different from black coffee and quite good. The surprising effect has been on my appetite and thus, my weight.  


There is no point in losing too much or trying to reach my high school graduation weight.  I wrestled so my weight was a focus of my thinking and my life. I never had much trouble being lighter than the maximum I was allowed for my weight class but I am now about 25 lbs. heavier than then.  For my joints, my flexibility and general health, I don't want to be much heavier or fatter.  


I actually have liked the taste of coffee with half and half ever since I first tasted it.  But I like the taste and smell of coffee as it, too. It was what might have been more trouble digesting and tolerating coffee that got me started with whitening it.  I enjoy having coffee with I awaken and I have another cup at lunch. I can be rather hungry but a little bit of half and half and I can go for hours without strong desire for food.  


It is obvious that my capacity for food is shrinking, too.  But I am pleased and impressed that adding that half and half can be so effective at satiating me as completely and for as long as it does.


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby