Sunday, April 19, 2015

Am I cyclic?

I might be cyclic.  I may have cyclic powers, the sort that bring the same subject to mind every so often.  Just to see what I find I looked for my post on the 19th of April for the last four years.  I wondered if I am always conscious of the same topic on this date.  It might be spring, always a big deal in the northland where we treasure every crocus, every green leaf and every robin.  It might be taxes.  It used to be that March 15 was the US tax day but now it is April 15.  The 19th is pretty far past the deadline and there are genuine penalties for being late.


But I checked.  For 2014, The Last Century and how I am glad to be living now and not 100 years ago.


For 2013, how I am aging and do not have the same drives and goals I had decades ago.  Why would I ?  Much of the stuff I wanted to do has been done, accomplished.


For 2012, the weather and spring and its elusiveness.  Ok, that might be a bit cyclic but understandably and forgive-ably so.


For 2011, what one can learn from observing another's shoes. Not much of a repeating cycle there.


I guess I am not all that cyclic, periodic.  Something of a looser cannon, which is actually what I aim to be in a blog that attempts to examine the themes and interests that come along in my life.



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby