Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sandy's Lists

Sandy, a tech savvy lady and author of Downsizer Sandy blog, writes about lists and technological devices:

Your post was neat in thinking only about lists...I think as new things are added to techy equipment it might become more usable for me for lists but not now:

One thing that is a problem for me with electronic lists is that I can't get to them quickly... if my techs are turned off or are off line due to cable problems at the time I want them...

Privacy issues with financial lists

I can't see ones at the same time on tech stuff  as quickly as I can in each of my spirals..

I'm too lazy to go periodically into each electronic area to decide which lists or parts of lists I want to delete...thus I had become a "hoarder" mentally of electronic lists...too afraid I would delete something and want it later when I couldn't remember where exactly it was in computer heaven. But then had too many lists and would lose interest in using them.

I tend to forget electronic lists with time...whereas in my spirals I can go back and check...

I've been typing thousands of books' data over the past year from a list of books on my computer but not in a spreadsheet format into a spreadsheet on Excel...It was a nightmare going back to see what to do with similar problems...just last week...and luckily I had put enough on each book into one of my spirals to see what we did with similar problems. But we are done with it now!

But alas! I have now become a spiral hoarder due to age and life changes  but am making myself purge lists I no longer want each am as I make my daily lists to do away with as many as I can.

I even have a Kindle book wish list in one of my spirals..Ha! Ha!



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby