Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Wish lists

When I hear of another book I might want to pay attention to but not for a while, I add it to one of my Amazon wish lists.  I have four wish lists on Amazon but I could make more if I wanted.  The one for Kindle books has more than 1100 books on it.  Since I already have more than 1400 books, I want to go slow at acquiring more.  I even want to go slow at listing more possible books of interest.


But when I visit the iPad app store, with its million apps, there is no option for listing apps of interest.  Just buy them or try to remember them.  I didn't like that and took a screen shot of the one called "Codea".  It relates to coding and maybe to creating iPad apps.  I have studied programming a computer, off and on, since 1965,  I keep losing interest but I keep hoping that simple but powerful methods and tools will be invented.  I wanted to remember Codea or have a place to store the name.  A wish list would have been nice.  My screen shots could quickly accumulate and become a disorganized mess.


We sometimes hear about "Honey, Do" lists of "Honey, please do this" and "Honey, please do that."  These are usually lists weak wives with strong wills and big ideas make of things they would like their husbands to do.  I am not sure how often husbands make lists of things they would like their wives to do.  I haven't actually heard of any such.

Both Outlook, which I use for my university email, and Gmail, which I use for my main email, have options built in to make lists.  I like to make lists.  Sometimes, when I feel too busy, I make a list of all the things hanging over me.  Once I have the list in my pocket, I often feel I am free or at least freer.  Since I have things on my list, I can go on and do what I really want to do.  If you make a list of items and some of them have indented subparts, details or whatever, you have the beginning of an outline.  I like outlines but I learned a while ago that many people do not like them.  I am not sure why since outlines seem a very good way to organize information.  I used Think Tank and More and both were very good for making lists with indented bullets of information inserted beneath each item listed.  Word by Microsoft can do outlines and "Little Outliner" does similar things using web pages instead of putting the work on your computer.


Sometimes, lists are a pain and can drive you batty.  Sometimes, they are a big help.



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby