Saturday, December 14, 2013

Me, again

Oh, no!  Not me again!  I tell you it is enough to drive a person nuts.  Every time I turn around, there I am again.  I look in the mirror and it's me again.  It's like sharing your skin with someone!  All day, all night.  Me, me, me  Isn't it time I moved out?  Get my own life?

It's not really that I am such a trial for me to be around.  When I think about it, I can see that I get along with myself pretty well.  We generally like about the same foods, activities, books.  It is not like we don't know each other well or that we never have moments of cordial co-existence.  We have, after all, managed to live together for years and except for accidents when chopping vegetables, we haven't drawn any blood.


But he gets under my skin.  I make a mental note to remember something.  Naturally, I fail to notice it and I don't remember.  Bad words!  Bad names!  Where does he get off?  He could have remembered.  He could have reminded me and for once, he could have been kind and considerate about it instead of "kidding" and down-putting.I blame him when I do what I promised not to do.  I don't need chocolate with sea salt but I take a piece anyway.  I am pretty sure if he was on my side, he could assist in helping me resist.  Just once, I'd like to see him take the initiative and advocate self-control, moderation and good judgment.  It doesn't seem fair that I have to do all the work for both of us.


In my sour moments, I want to be separated.  I just might speak to a lawyer to see what sort of a legal deal I could work out.  I mean: what?  My whole life?!  Stuck with him?  I bet if I catch him in the right mood, he would admit to very similar feelings and hopes.



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby