Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Is the big hand there yet?

I do many things out of habit and by the clock.  When the clock says 6 AM, I get up. If I want good sleep, I learned that my body gets in the sleep/wake grooves best if I stick to a schedule.  It is easy for me to get a little thrill when it is TIME! Jump out of bed and GO! I talk to one friend about walking at 8 and the other (I only have two) at 8:15.  At 10, I ask Lynn if she wants tea. If yes, green tea for her and green with tumeric and ginger for me. I have nuts and sugared ginger then, too. Andrew Weil convinced me that ginger has benefits and as long as I am convinced, it does.


I have coffee in the morning when it is ready and I am ready.  I hold off for the second coffee at noon until it is 12 PM or later.  When it is, coffee time!


Drinks at 4.  If we have them then, the buzz has worn off enough to use sharp knives and fire for dinner. It's usually TV at 7 and bed at 10.  Bed can take a half hour to prepare for. We try to get in 30-45 minutes of reading aloud before bed. 


I read that people often spend 40% of their time guided by habit.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby