Sunday, December 10, 2017

Want to get together?

I have written about multiplicity many times.  There is a movie by that name in which the hero finds himself duplicated into 4 other copies of himself.  Complications increase.  You aren't surprised.  The problem of the responsibility of a single individual in the eyes of the law and in social relation gets confused if there is another person who looks totally alike.


DId I speak to A or B? More troublesomely, which one or ones can confirm our meeting time and place?


Lynn says it is on her calendar.  She has three calendars.  I have two. Four of the five are electronic and one is a small paper book.  We would like to check to see what time we are supposed to be there tonight.  The dream of having one calendar on which we both record all our obligations and celebrations and meetings and such remains elusive.  


A small paper book is handy and I might get one, too.  But where is it?  I won't remember to record the lunch date I just made with Harry when I get home and have access to the little book.  It is little but it won't fit in my pocket. The small paper book is handy to use when I am not connected to the internet or my provider is down.  It is not handy to use or consult when I leave it at home.  


Maybe I better call Harry to get clear on what time and where.  Harry had a landline and it had an answering machine.  I wonder if Harry will be home before I need to hear from him.  Maybe I had better call his cellphone.  I think Harry likes to keep his phone muted to avoid interruptions with his clients.  I could try texting him on his Google number but I wonder if he ever looks at his Google texts.  Maybe I will just stay home by the phone, eating popcorn.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby