Thursday, August 4, 2022

Trying again

Lynn missed recycling.  Ten years or so ago, she bought two recycling bins.  We used them in warm weather.  They each sat in a stand fixed in a way that allowed them to be turned.  They got too old and brittle.  But she wanted to start again.  


We got a new 8-sided bin from Amazon.  It came in a large flat box, to be assembled.  It includes two bags of nuts and bolts.  One of the bags holds over 50 pieces of hardware.  They included a little pamphlet and a note that they have better explanations on their website.   Off and on, I have been slowly putting the whole thing together.  I have found that the stand is misshaped or I have made errors or both since the body jams against the frame and interferes with rotating the bin.  I will work on it.  

The bag on top is what we are using for scraps now.  Lynn feels I would be more accurate if I replaced all instances of "recycling" with "composting". 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby