Saturday, August 13, 2022

An app here may differ from that app over there

I like the Kindle reader for its ability to show me the text of a book with few or no distractions. If you go out of your way, you can use an e-reader to get the news but there are other devices that will do a better job of intruding on your time.  I am very aware of the Paperwhite and other Kindle readers to just let me read for a while without helpfully letting me know that the moon will rise in 57 minutes or some other trivia.  I have set my devices to omit "notifications".  I don't want to be informed of each message some corporation sends me about their sale and certainly don't want to be informed about the same thing multiple times.  


I started this post with the idea of noting that sometimes a slight difference between one device and another or between using one browser and using another one can matter.  I have only found one of my favorite Kindle features on the reader device itself.  That's the one that emails a single file of the highlights I made with my finger into my email.  


It is often helpful for me to put some question that's on my mind into Google search and see what answers come up.  Also what related questions other people have asked.  I have been unable to find that ability to send my email a file of my highlights in the online Kindle reader at read.Amazon.com but the search results did explain how to find and use that feature using the Kindle app on my iPad and on my Motorola smartphone.


I imagine a person could give himself a headache attempting to try all the buttons and choices but when you get tired of knitting, it's something to do.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby