Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Her nuggets

Her nuggets
"I have a touch of paranoia." - They had a mentally ill daughter who died of brain cancer at the age of 45 after 20 years of suffering debilitating delusions.  They don't take mental illness lightly.  They know people who suffer from bipolar disorder but don't usually speak of having a "touch" of paranoia, as one might have a touch of a cold.  This remark is brave, clever but did not actually apply to her.  She doesn't like being picked on or slighted but then, that is understandable.

"Best thing I ever learned was how to use a fork."  - I might have asked her what the best thing she learned was.  It was a dumb question since at later ages, one can't remember what was learned and what was figured out on one's own.  I think learning to feed oneself, using accepted implements, is indeed valuable and is certainly used often.

"You are my laxative, no, my diuretic." - Each time they go out together, he asks if she is ready to leave.  She says,"Oh, I have to got to the bathroom."  So, she admitted that he was her diuretic.

"I tolerate myself." - She respects herself but you probably couldn't say that she loves herself, just tolerates herself.

"I am not on speaking terms with our weather." - Sometimes the weather really misbehaves and one withdraws normal social relations.

"That's all I know - maybe it is more than I know." - What do we really know for certain, anyhow?

He: "My wife is a delight."
Her: "There you go, labeling me again." - Clearly, it is hard for a guy to win.

--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby