Wednesday, February 16, 2022

We want you to open this immediately!!!!!!

My email includes some messages in my spam folder.  I just got back from Hawaii where the meat called "Spam" is adorned, so much so that the local McDonalds sell menu items that include Spam: t.ly/XGUK (this is a shortened link.  If you want to use it, copy and paste in the web address window on your browser.)


In the continental US, the word "spam" usually means unwanted email, including scams, that is, misleading offers that lead to loss, theft and trouble.  


The latest fashion I have seen is the inclusion of emoticons, red hearts and symbols in the subject line of spam messages.  Anything to attract my attention and convince me to open the message and pay attention.  Of course, I don't tend to be attracted to an offer by a woman I never heard of to meet her this evening when she promises to do whatever I want.  In case I don't get the idea, the subject line goes on with "f*ck?".  Stupendous wealth is implied as well as information about impending disasters and various ways the world might end.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby