Monday, February 21, 2022

Google aids

Many of my friends have Gmail accounts.  I want to mention that a Gmail account login and password are the keys to many services and tools.  It can be helpful to know that the name of a service or tool, a period, the word "Google", a 2nd period, and "com" can be inserted into the address window on a browser to get to that site. 


So, if you hear about the Google Drive (area for saving documents and spreadsheets) you can explore this service using "drive.google.com".  If you want to send text messages or make phone calls across the internet and you learn that Google has a tool for doing that called "voice", you can get to it using "voice,google.com".


Google uses web pages so when you connect to the appropriate page, you can use that service from any browser on any connected device, be it computer, tablet or smartphone. I make regular use of Drive, Docs, Blogger and Calendar.  Lynn and I share a Calendar so we can see what each other's schedules are and we share Google Photos.  


I like Google News a couple of times each day to get a quick handle on the state of the world.  I rarely read an article, mostly just looking at headlines.


I use Google Search nearly once an hour but the Search capability is primary so usually just finding "Google" brings me to search.  I have tried the search of Duckduckgo but I find Google searches better than Duck and I often go to Google. But I have left Duck as my default search for now.


In the upper right corner of an open Gmail on a computer is the little 3x3 set of dots called the Google Launcher.  It is a handy tool for a quick look at some of the offerings Google makes for free.  I was going to guess that there are at least 40 of them but I decided to see what Google search said.  I looked up how many services and tools does Google offer.  I found this:

Google Products, Services & Tools: The Complete List. Now I'm going to list over 251 Google products and services that I know of or tried in some way or the other. If you haven't tried any of them then I really suggest you check them out and see if it can make your life easier, better, and more productive.Mar 4, 2021

 

https://www.matrics360.com/google-products-and-services/


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby