Monday, January 3, 2022

Less so

I first learned that my body could produce my contribution to the chemicals needed to create a baby when I was in the 6th grade. I had been introduced to the concepts of baby production by my mother.  Ever since being in kindergarten, I had friends who were girls.  I knew I was drawn to girls but I had to get older before I learned about the abstract idea of attraction.


I am now in my 9th decade and I find that a basic internal spark has diminished quite a bit.  There is a moment in the movie "A Good Year"  when a beautiful and attractive young woman, maybe 25-ish, whips up her skirt to show Russell Crowe that nasty bruise she got when falling off her bike in avoiding his dangerous and erratic driving.  She reveals a buttock and makes the move so suddenly there is no time for a movie viewer to prepare.  That excellent piece of womanly anatomy abruptly blinded me, disoriented me.


I fully grasp that I am too old to do well now as a new husband or father.  It is polite and helpful of biology to, on the whole, lower my level of lust and give me a respite from years of fascination with females of my species.  They are still the best conversationalists, the best cooks and excellent company but I have fewer dreams of them, fewer preoccupations and distractions.  I seem to be experiencing some "femopause".

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby