Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Have another?

I am not that artificially intelligent, let alone naturally intelligent.  But I still think and wonder from time to time.  One thing I wonder is why so frequently I get urged to read a book that is known to be similar to the book I just read.  If I like a certain type of car, I will indeed probably want the same type again.  But with books and movies, for me, it's different.  I like to go in a different direction after a book.  


After reading how he longed for her and she longed for him, I am not in the mood for more longing.  If the writing and my imagination felt the longing, the unfairness of separation, I am ready for new insights into the nature of disease or maybe the history of graft and corruption.  Some book groups practice alternating between fiction and non-fiction.  Our local learning-in-retirement group looks at ten or so categories and tries to have a presentation in each of them every semester.  When I look at the Amazon list of books I have purchased for my Kindle, I can examine it in chronological order, either oldest first or newest.  I can see the list in alphabetical order or reverse by author or by title.  But I'd like a random order and I'd like to see titles I have not gotten to at all.  


Google on variety in food:

As time's gone on, humans have evolved to depend on a wide range of nutrients and micronutrients to thrive. Research shows us that a more diverse diet helps us live longer and lowers our risk of disease. ... We risk developing overweight and obesity if we include lots of poor quality, processed foods in our varied diet.Sep 17, 2021

Why humans need a varied diet when some animals don't

https://www.healthyfood.com › ask-the-experts › why-hu.


Many biological and body processes refresh faster and better with variety and perceived variety.  I think it takes more computing power to notice what else follows in typical reading than to simply suggest similar books.  But for starters, I look every BUT where I have just been.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby