Tuesday, May 18, 2021

What is a sweetheart?

First couple of Google results mention romance and romantic relationships.  But I have heard women refer to a man as a sweetheart and they didn't mean a romantic relationship.  They meant a man who is generally nice, generous, respectful, appreciative.  


I have become more and more aware of some sorts of feminine behavior and comment that are sweet.  I mean it is sweet in the sense that I like it and want to be around it. Sure, I notice and appreciate nubile silhouettes, what is often referred to as a "good shape".  However, I have been out of the baby-making phase for quite a while now.  But I have learned that voices, word choice, speech emphasis, comment timing - all contribute to finding that a woman is a sweetheart.  


Another aspect of my reaction to women is gesture and movement.  I am often surprised by motions of the hand, head, body and legs that I immediately like and deeply know I would myself have not made.  I don't see men do them.  Voice, gesture, body language can all create a miasma of pleasant glow that makes female company a treasure

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby